Valentina Vladimirovna , famous Soviet cosmonaut, first woman in space, representative of the United Russia faction, opened the plenary meeting.
Representatives of all political parties elected to the State Duma addressed their colleagues during the meeting.
The State Duma of the eighth convocation consists of 5 fractions: the United Russia, the Communist Party of the Russian Federation, the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, A Just Russia – For Truth and faction of the Political Party “New People”.
Chairman of the State Duma and his Deputies were also elected at the plenary meeting. Parliamentarians also approved the composition of the State Duma Committees and Commissions.
Vyacheslav Victorovich The Chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation of the eighth convocation. Elected in single mandate constituency № 163 (Saratov constituency - Saratov Oblast) was elected the Chairman of the State Duma of the eighth convocation. Alexander Zhukov Zhukov
Alexander Dmitrievich (the United Russia faction) and Ivan Melnikov Melnikov
Ivan Ivanovich (the CPRF faction) will be the First Deputy Chairmen of the State Duma.
There are nine Deputy Chairmen of the State Duma: representatives of the United Russia faction — Alexey Gordeyev
Alexey Vasilievich , Anna Kuznetsova Kuznetsova
Anna Yurievna , Irina Yarovaya Yarovaya
Irina Anatolievna , Petr Toltoy, Sergey Neverov Neverov
Sergey Ivanovich , Sholban Kara-ool Kara-ool
Sholban Valerievich , A Just Russia – For Truth faction’s representative – Alexander Babakov Babakov
Alexander Mikhailovich , representative of the LDPR faction – Boris Chernyshov Chernyshov
Boris Alexandrovich , the New People faction’s representative – Vladislav Davankov Davankov
Vladislav Andreyevich .
There are 32 Committees at the State Duma of the of the eighth convocation:
1. Committee on State Building and Legislation;
2. Committee on Labor, Social Policy and Veterans' Affairs;
3. Committee on Budget and Taxes;
4. Committee on Financial Market;
5. Committee on Economic Policy;
6. Committee on Industry and Trade;
7. Committee on the Protection of Competition;
8. Committee on Small and Medium Enterprises;
9. Committee on Property and Land Issues;
10. Committee on Energy;
11. Committee on Transport and Development of Transport Infrastructure;
12. Committee on Defence;
13. Committee on Security and Corruption Control;
14. Committee on International Affairs;
15. Committee on Issues of the Commonwealth of the Independent States, Eurasian Integration and Contacts with Fellow Countrymen;
16. Committee on Regional Policy and Local Government;
17. Committee on Development of the Far East and Arctic;
18. Committee on Control;
19. Committee on Health Protection;
20. Committee on Science and Higher Education;
21. Committee on Education;
22. Committee on Issues of Family, Women and Children;
23. Committee on Agrarian Issues;
24. Committee on Ecology, Natural Resources and Environment Protection;
25. Committee on Culture;
26. Committee on Development of Civil Society, Issues of Public Associations and Religious Organizations;
27. Committee on Issues of Nationalities;
28. Committee on Physical Education and Sport;
29. Committee on Tourism and Development of Tourist Infrastructure;
30. Committee on Youth Policy;
31. Committee on Construction, Housing and Utilities;
32. Committee on Informational Policy, Technologies and Communications.
Members of the State Duma also adopted all the relevant amendments to the Regulations and work pattern.